Problem changing alias properties in runtime

Hi All,

I am having a problem when I try to change an Alias PATH in runtime. When I try to apply the modifications using "ModifyAlias" I receive an error message saying that there are tables in use. Maybe because I have another users accessing these tables. It only occurs in this case. When I apply the changes without other users, it works.

See below what I need to do:
 Disconect from a database
 Reconect to another database changing the aliases and the network path.

The points above must work with other users using the databases.

Its possible ? What I have to do ?

Tks for all

Roberto Alexandre

Re:Problem changing alias properties in runtime

Stop using aliases and use a TDatabase component. Change the Path
Param of the TDatabase.

On 10 Jun 2002 07:07:01 -0700, "Roberto Alexandre"

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Problem changing alias properties in runtime

>See below what I need to do:
> Disconect from a database
> Reconect to another database changing the aliases and the network path.

>The points above must work with other users using the databases.

You can use
Session.close then change your Alias.
But you will have a lot easier time if you use a Tdatabase componentry instead
of Aliases to point to the database you want to use.
A Tdatabase component is basically a component designed to configure in your
program that you can use as an Alias
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com