Sending (internal) mail from Delphi using MS-mail

Hi Delphians,

I our company we are using MS-mail (from MS Outlook) to send
internal mail. Does anybody know if it is possible to use the MS Mail
Post-office to send mail from Delphi applications ?

I was thinking about an OLE-link but I am not sure if this is the
right approach.

Regards,

Edwin Heidelberg
tele...@pi.net

Re:Sending (internal) mail from Delphi using MS-mail

: tele...@pi.net (Edwin Heidelberg) wrote:

>I our company we are using MS-mail (from MS Outlook) to send
>internal mail. Does anybody know if it is possible to use the MS Mail
>Post-office to send mail from Delphi applications ?

>I was thinking about an OLE-link but I am not sure if this is the
>right approach.

If you can use MAPI simply use TEmail on the Delphi Super Page
(author: Danny Heijl). This is a complete wrapper around MAPI and
- as I understand it - will work with MS Mail, too.
--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Re:Sending (internal) mail from Delphi using MS-mail

Edwin,

You can do this easily via our IDSMail component.  Here is all the code
you would need:

public
      idsMail: Variant;

idsMail := CreateOLEObject('IDSMailInterface.Server');
idsMail.ObjectKey := 'ABC123';
idsMail.NewMessage;
idsMail.AddRecipientTo ('Jim Smith');
idsMail.AddRecipientCc ('Mary Brown, Doug Williams');
idsMail.Subject := 'Meeting Agenda';
idsMail.Message := 'Here is the agenda for this weeks meeting';
idsMail.AddAttachment ('C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC');
idsMail.Send;

For more info, go to http://www.intuitive-data.com

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

--------- We Make OLE Servers Intuitive --------------
Eric June                     ej...@intuitive-data.com
Intuitive Data Solutions           fax: (408) 776-1267
Send/Rcv Email *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM, MAPI,
MHS & VINES http://www.intuitive-data.com/idsmail.htm

Re:Sending (internal) mail from Delphi using MS-mail

Use mapi - I think, or hope that delphi has either a Mapi component or unit
that makes this very easy. I know because I did it before

Cheers

> I our company we are using MS-mail (from MS Outlook) to send
> internal mail. Does anybody know if it is possible to use the MS Mail
> Post-office to send mail from Delphi applications ?

Other Threads