Pentium II 300 - bug with crt unit

We have a lot of process control programs compiled in TP7, all running
fine until recently users started moving to Pentium II 300/333 machines.

Running any program on these machines that is linked to the CRT unit
causes an instant runtime error 200 (div by zero). Has anyone had a
similar experience and are there any patches to CRT to get around this
problem ?

Best regards,
--
Ted Read                             "If you are not confused,
L.M.Technical Services Ltd.       its because you do not completly

Re:Pentium II 300 - bug with crt unit

Ted Read wrote:
> We have a lot of process control programs compiled in TP7, all running
> fine until recently users started moving to Pentium II 300/333 machines.

> Running any program on these machines that is linked to the CRT unit
> causes an instant runtime error 200 (div by zero). Has anyone had a
> similar experience and are there any patches to CRT to get around this
> problem ?

It were fine if you first had looked at the various FAQ's.

Anyway:  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9553/tpbug.htm

Franz Glaser, Austria
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

Re:Pentium II 300 - bug with crt unit

Look at borland homepage for a bugfix of unit crt

Heiko

Ted Read schrieb in Nachricht ...

Ted Read <t...@lmts.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>We have a lot of process control programs compiled in TP7, all running
>fine until recently users started moving to Pentium II 300/333 machines.
>Running any program on these machines that is linked to the CRT unit
>causes an instant runtime error 200 (div by zero). Has anyone had a
>similar experience and are there any patches to CRT to get around this
>problem ?

I have had the same problem, but thanks to the follow ups I should now
be able to fix it. :)

Re:Pentium II 300 - bug with crt unit

I've the same bug on my pentium II 266,
and I don't find the patch at borland,
do you know where I could find it ?
thanks
renan

In article: <Ao8f6DAYhw90E...@lmts.demon.co.uk>  Ted Read <t...@lmts.demon.co.uk>
writes:

>We have a lot of process control programs compiled in TP7, all running
>fine until recently users started moving to Pentium II 300/333 machines.

>Running any program on these machines that is linked to the CRT unit
>causes an instant runtime error 200 (div by zero). Has anyone had a
>similar experience and are there any patches to CRT to get around this
>problem ?

Sheesh. I wish people would at least read the last days messages on this NG
before they hit their POST button. There has been at least one thread going on
this subject for months. We don't need another.

1 Read the FAQ
2 Read at least one days NG messages
3 Then ask a question

I'm usually very tolerant of on-subject questions, but enough's enough.

-- Jay

| Jason Burgon - author of Graphic Vision |
| g...@jayman.demon.co.uk                   |
| http://www.jayman.demon.co.uk           |