Component install: Duplicate resource error

I'm trying to install a component into Delphi 5, but I keep getting an
error about a duplicate resource:

[Error] WARNING: Duplicate resource(s):
[Error] Type 2 [BITMAP], ID TUPCLICKSPLITTER:
[Error] File d:\borland\delphi5\addons\uUPClickSplitter.dcr resource
kept; file d:\borland\delphi5\addons\uUPClickSplitter.dcr resource
discarded;

It appears from opening the DCR file in the Borland image editor that
it's just the icon for the component pallette. I've tried renaming the
component (including the class references in the unit) and changing
the name of the resource in the DCR file, but I still get the same
error.

I had tried installing it into a package I have for addon components,
and also tried installing it into a seperate package, but get the same
error.

The author no longer appears to support the component, so I am hoping
someone could tell me what I might do to get this installed.

Re:Component install: Duplicate resource error

Obviously, you included the same resource twice into your project.
Since it's a .DCR, I'd guess it's a package, you must probably have it
listed in package and one of units.

--
Robert Cerny
http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccWeb.exe/author?authorid=...

"DTJ" <a...@xyz.not> wrote in message

> I'm trying to install a component into Delphi 5, but I keep getting an
> error about a duplicate resource:

> [Error] WARNING: Duplicate resource(s):
> [Error] Type 2 [BITMAP], ID TUPCLICKSPLITTER:
> [Error] File d:\borland\delphi5\addons\uUPClickSplitter.dcr resource
> kept; file d:\borland\delphi5\addons\uUPClickSplitter.dcr resource
> discarded;

> It appears from opening the DCR file in the Borland image editor that
> it's just the icon for the component pallette. I've tried renaming the
> component (including the class references in the unit) and changing
> the name of the resource in the DCR file, but I still get the same
> error.

> I had tried installing it into a package I have for addon components,
> and also tried installing it into a seperate package, but get the same
> error.

> The author no longer appears to support the component, so I am hoping
> someone could tell me what I might do to get this installed.

Re:Component install: Duplicate resource error

Search for all $R in all .pas and .dpk files - they should not duplicate.
{$R *.dcr} includes resource unit_filename.dcr. When you will find
duplicate - remove one of them.

Regards,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev
http://www.oledbdirect.com
The fastest way to access MS SQL Server, MS Jet (MS Access)
and Interbase (through OLEDB) databases.

"DTJ" <a...@xyz.not> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:

> I'm trying to install a component into Delphi 5, but I keep getting an
> error about a duplicate resource:

> [Error] WARNING: Duplicate resource(s):
> [Error] Type 2 [BITMAP], ID TUPCLICKSPLITTER:
> [Error] File d:\borland\delphi5\addons\uUPClickSplitter.dcr resource
> kept; file d:\borland\delphi5\addons\uUPClickSplitter.dcr resource
> discarded;

> It appears from opening the DCR file in the Borland image editor that
> it's just the icon for the component pallette. I've tried renaming the
> component (including the class references in the unit) and changing
> the name of the resource in the DCR file, but I still get the same
> error.

> I had tried installing it into a package I have for addon components,
> and also tried installing it into a seperate package, but get the same
> error.

> The author no longer appears to support the component, so I am hoping
> someone could tell me what I might do to get this installed.

Other Threads