How to get/set margins of a printer?

Is it possible to get and set paper margins (left,right,top,bottom) of a
printer? If yes, how?

Re:How to get/set margins of a printer?

"lsoft" <ls...@ax.hu> wrote in message

> Is it possible to get and set paper margins (left,right,top,bottom) of a
> printer? If yes, how?

You can "get" the values for the physical printer margins, but I don't think
you can set them.  You can establish your own "logical" margins inside
the physical margins using program logic.

You might search for "Margin" or "GetDeviceCaps" at
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/Library/Delphi/Printing

Also, Printer Demo #1 might help you:
http://www.efg2.com/Lab/OtherProjects/PrinterDemo1.htm

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:How to get/set margins of a printer?

Remember, the printer needs to have a bit of a margin in order to get the
traction, so it makes sense that the printer will not let the user print on
its entire area.

OTS

lsoft wrote in message <85ut8k$d...@bornews.borland.com>...
>Is it possible to get and set paper margins (left,right,top,bottom) of a
>printer? If yes, how?

Other Threads