ORA-00942 Table or View does not exist

Hello:

My ADOConnection tests fine but I get the message "ORA-00942 Table or
view does not exist." whenever I try to activate my ADOQuery.  The
following is the connection string.  Is there something else I have to
set?

Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=x;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=SCOTT;Data Source=Test;Extended Properties=""

Also, when I try using an ADOTable with the connection I get the list
of table names associated with the database but attempting to activate
gets me the ORA-00942 message just like the ADOQuery.

Thanks, Sidney

Re:ORA-00942 Table or View does not exist

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 07:41:11 -0600, Sidney Egnew <eg...@charter.net>
wrote:

>Hello:

>My ADOConnection tests fine but I get the message "ORA-00942 Table or
>view does not exist." whenever I try to activate my ADOQuery.  The
>following is the connection string.  Is there something else I have to
>set?

>Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=x;Persist Security Info=True;User
>ID=SCOTT;Data Source=Test;Extended Properties=""

>Also, when I try using an ADOTable with the connection I get the list
>of table names associated with the database but attempting to activate
>gets me the ORA-00942 message just like the ADOQuery.

>Thanks, Sidney

I was able to resolve the problem by renaming my tables using all
uppercase letters.

Other Threads