Refering to packaged ORACLE stored procedures

Hi,

If anyone could spare the time to answer...

I make large use of stored procedures and would like to group them into
packages. I have already tried so, but so far I have not been able to make
packaged Procedures / Functions appear in TStoredProc.StoredProcName
property list.  Is there any way of doing this ?

I use Delphi 5 Enterprise with ORACLE Workgroup Server 8.0.5

Thanks a lot.

H.

Re:Refering to packaged ORACLE stored procedures

You can't make them appear in the drop-down list, but you can use them.
Enter the name as SCHEMA.PACKAGE.PROCEDURE in the StoredProcName field.
I have heard that this is sometimes rejected.  If so, edit the .dfm
file, and enter it directly.

John Pierce

Re:Refering to packaged ORACLE stored procedures

Thanks John !

Now my app sees packaged procedures, but there's another catch still.

I don't know where exactly ( might be either in the SQL Link Driver or in
the Oracle Client ) but there's a bug which prevents me from accessing the
Params List once property StoredProcName is filled.

Every time I try it, I get an "Access Violation on ORA805.DLL" error
message. It doesn't help trying to create / set  the Params on the fly
either, I still get the same message.

Tried upgrading from BDE 5.01 to 5.11 and still no success.

Any one has come across this problem before ?

Thanks for your attention once again.

H.

John Pierce escreveu na mensagem <396DE1A9.D50B6...@healthplanning.com>...

"H. Mestrinho" wrote:
> Thanks John !

> Now my app sees packaged procedures, but there's another catch still.

> I don't know where exactly ( might be either in the SQL Link Driver or in
> the Oracle Client ) but there's a bug which prevents me from accessing the
> Params List once property StoredProcName is filled.

The bug is in the BDE.

> Every time I try it, I get an "Access Violation on ORA805.DLL" error
> message. It doesn't help trying to create / set  the Params on the fly
> either, I still get the same message.

> Tried upgrading from BDE 5.01 to 5.11 and still no success.

> Any one has come across this problem before ?

> Thanks for your attention once again.

> H.

There have been lots of problems with O8 packages and the BDE.  I must admit
that I have totally given up on the BDE and switched to Direct Oracle Access,
which works perfectly with packages.  Accordingly, I can't test against the
BDE.
You might try a TQuery like this:
Sql.ADD('begin')
Sql.Add('SCHEMA.PACKAGE.PROCEDURE(:PARAM1, :PARAM2);');
sQL.aDD('end;');
ParamByName('PARAM1').AS........etc.
ExecSql;

Note the ; for line ends.  This creates an anonymous PL/SQL block, and may
work.  But do yourself a favor and buy DOA.

John Pierce

Other Threads