actionList requires deployment of VCL50.bpl

I checked twice to unsure it is unchecked already.  Is that only my
problem??

--

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) <overc...@onramp.net> wrote in message

> Make certain that in the project options in the packages tab that use
runtime
> packages is unchecked.  This will cause a static linking of the packages.

> Dennis Poon wrote:

> > Anyone has this experience. I added ActionList to my project then my exe
> > will require vcl50.bpl when running.
> > Is that a feature or I made some compiler directive or linker mistakes.

> > If that's a feature, then I am very very disappointed.  I use Delphi
partly
> > because it requires no dll, how could a sample component like ActionList
> > require deployment of vcl50.  That is a very bad idea for this
requirement.

> > Dennis

> > I appreciate email response since I don't frequent this ng.

> > Thanks a lot.

> > --

> --
> Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
>       (Please do not email me directly unless  asked. Thank You)
> And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
> I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
> Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
> faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
>              (Fish)

Re:actionList requires deployment of VCL50.bpl

Should be.  There are no native VCL components that will require packages to be
distributed if "use run time packages" is off.  Definitely not ActionLists.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted  corridors of Whitehall.
             (Fish)

Other Threads