Static data size/data segment to large

Hi,

sometimes I got the error "data segment to large", depending on
activating some compiler checks like stack check, overflow check etc.
and the number of binded units.

It would be helpful to know, if there exist a possibility to detect how
many static heap every unit allocate.

Thanks in advance

Oliver

Re:Static data size/data segment to large

In article <39AD51ED.43E9B...@gmx.de>,
Oliver Puetz  <Oliver.Pu...@gmx.de> wrote:

>Hi,

>sometimes I got the error "data segment to large", depending on
>activating some compiler checks like stack check, overflow check etc.
>and the number of binded units.

>It would be helpful to know, if there exist a possibility to detect how
>many static heap every unit allocate.

I cannot quite get the above paragraph but the max amount of static data is
64KB. This is not in anyway dependent on the units. It is 64KB for whole
program. The solution is to declare some of the variables as dynamic and
allocate them with new.

Osmo

Osmo Ronkanen schrieb:

> >It would be helpful to know, if there exist a possibility to detect how
> >many static heap every unit allocate.

> I cannot quite get the above paragraph but the max amount of static data is
> 64KB. This is not in anyway dependent on the units. It is 64KB for whole
> program. The solution is to declare some of the variables as dynamic and
> allocate them with new.

Hi Osmo,

yes,  I know that the data segmet is limited to 64k. And you're right that I
have to switch some static variables to dynamic to fulfill this. But it would
be a little helpful to me to know, which unit allocates the most static heap.

Regards Oliver

Re:Static data size/data segment to large

In article <39B0051A.8934C...@gmx.de>,
Oliver Puetz  <Oliver.Pu...@gmx.de> wrote:

>Osmo Ronkanen schrieb:

>> >It would be helpful to know, if there exist a possibility to detect how
>> >many static heap every unit allocate.

>> I cannot quite get the above paragraph but the max amount of static data is
>> 64KB. This is not in anyway dependent on the units. It is 64KB for whole
>> program. The solution is to declare some of the variables as dynamic and
>> allocate them with new.

>Hi Osmo,

>yes,  I know that the data segmet is limited to 64k. And you're right that I
>have to switch some static variables to dynamic to fulfill this. But it would
>be a little helpful to me to know, which unit allocates the most static heap.

Just read the $#%&$&% source.

Osmo

Other Threads