Adding virtual folder in the Windows Explorer

Hi, All !
I wish to add my own virtual folder into Windows Explorer for browsing
my database. I know that I must use interfaces like IShellFolder,
IShellView, but I don't know - how?
Does anybody have some examlpes or advises? Please HELP!

Michael Holopov
holo...@softhome.net    http://www.chat.ru/~holopov

Re:Adding virtual folder in the Windows Explorer

You can do a "namespace" extension via the method you mention. Ie your
"folder" would be alongside control panel, printers, dial up networking
etc..

If you want to simulate a proper folder then AFAIK you need to write a
device driver. You can't do that in Delphi.

--
Greg Lorriman
Handy, free utils at http://www.lorriman.demon.co.uk

Michael Holopov <holo...@softhome.net> wrote in message

> Hi, All !
> I wish to add my own virtual folder into Windows Explorer for browsing
> my database. I know that I must use interfaces like IShellFolder,
> IShellView, but I don't know - how?
> Does anybody have some examlpes or advises? Please HELP!

> Michael Holopov
> holo...@softhome.net    http://www.chat.ru/~holopov

Other Threads