enumeration types with 4 bytes ???

I wrote a delphi-3 DLL with functions that uses enumeration types.
To call this DLL function from a MSCV++ 4.2 main program
I know that I MUST use 4 byte enumation types !!!

But there is no global compiler switch in the project options :-(

Because I didn't want to insert the compiler option {$Z4}
in so many sources, I tried to use the delphi-3 (v3.02)
command line compiler DCC32.EXE.
After writing the option /$Z4 into the config file DCC32.CFG,
the compiler crashes with the internal error C739 in any case.
If I use /$Z+ the DCC32.EXE crashes in some cases.

Is this a known BUG ?

Is there a solution to compile the whole enum types
of a project without writing the {$Z4} into any source ?

Re:enumeration types with 4 bytes ???

: antispam.pl...@siemens.at (Gerd) wrote:
>I wrote a delphi-3 DLL with functions that uses enumeration types.
>To call this DLL function from a MSCV++ 4.2 main program
>I know that I MUST use 4 byte enumation types !!!

>But there is no global compiler switch in the project options :-(

Correct.

>Because I didn't want to insert the compiler option {$Z4}
>in so many sources, I tried to use the delphi-3 (v3.02)
>command line compiler DCC32.EXE.
>After writing the option /$Z4 into the config file DCC32.CFG,
>the compiler crashes with the internal error C739 in any case.

Could you please post a very small, but complete example of this.

>If I use /$Z+ the DCC32.EXE crashes in some cases.

>Is this a known BUG ?

We can only tell if you show us something small and reproducable.

>Is there a solution to compile the whole enum types
>of a project without writing the {$Z4} into any source ?

You don't need to - AFAIK.

You just need to {$Z4} those sets that actually do get exported.
--
mailto:Stefan.Hoffmeister (at) Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Other Threads