Multiple SQL statements before post/commit

Is there a way to add - say 5 - SQL statements to a TQuery, and execute
all of them with one ExecSQL command? If so, how can this be accomplished?

I would also like to know if it is possible to insert a batch of records into a
TTable before commiting them all. As far as I understand, every post make a
commit statement. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Alf Inge Lindtner
a...@sn.no

http://aksess-www.sn.no/~alfi/

Re:Multiple SQL statements before post/commit

a...@sn.no wrote in article <51ppv2$...@hasle.sn.no>...

> Is there a way to add - say 5 - SQL statements to a TQuery, and execute
> all of them with one ExecSQL command? If so, how can this be

accomplished?

???  How are you going to tell the BDE where the result set is to be
stored?  Perhaps you should investigate sub-queries...

> I would also like to know if it is possible to insert a batch of records
into a
> TTable before commiting them all. As far as I understand, every post make
> commit statement. Please correct me if this is wrong.

In D1, Paradox and dBASE tables do not support transaction control.  This
was fixed in D2.  I wrote an object to do transaction control in D1 for
Paradox and dBASE tables.  E-mail me if you want it.

--
Mark Pritchard

Other Threads