HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:41:18 +0800, hot...@pacific.net.sg wrote:
>I need to compile a file but every time I compile it said must be in
>8087 mode.

The turbo pascal manual does have more information on this, and all the other
error messages. "8087 mode" means that the mathematical co-processor should be
used, or the emulator. Even the on-line help in Pascal gives more information:

|  +--------------------------------------+
|  | Must be in 8087 mode to compile this |
|  +--------------------------------------+
|
| This construct can only be compiled in the {$N+} state.
|
| Operations on the 8087 real types (single, double, extended, and comp) are
| not allowed in the {$N-} state.

So, simply use the {$N} directive and you'll be ok. If you don't know what a
directive is I would advice you to start reading the manual, or any other book
on turbo pascal.

Good luck,

Peter de Jong
(wpdej...@worldonline.nl)

Re:HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

hot...@pacific.net.sg wrote:

> I need to compile a file but every time I compile it said must be in
> 8087 mode.
> PLEASE tell me how so I do it.  TIA

> C:\TP\BIN>tpc -b e+ n- item9
> Turbo Pascal  Version 7.0  Copyright (c) 1983,92 Borland International
> ITEM9.PAS(68): Error 116: Must be in 8087 mode to compile this.
>    if(Value_Sub>=50) and (Value_Sub<=3000) Then

tpc $n+

The help when you just type TPC shows you the default value. So $n is
normally turned off. to turn it on type $n+ (don't forget the $ sign)
Hope this helps

--

Liou Jang
? e (Use Chinese Software GB Code)

Peter de Jong wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:41:18 +0800, hot...@pacific.net.sg wrote:

> >I need to compile a file but every time I compile it said must be in
> >8087 mode.

> The turbo pascal manual does have more information on this, and all
> the other
> error messages. "8087 mode" means that the mathematical co-processor
> should be

Well I am using "Double and Comp type" for my program and the "Value_Sub

is Double
still can't work with the following : In fact I try all the directive
oso like $e+ or - $n+ or -

hot...@pacific.net.sg wrote:
>Peter de Jong wrote:

>> On Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:41:18 +0800, hot...@pacific.net.sg wrote:

>> >I need to compile a file but every time I compile it said must be in
>> >8087 mode.
[...]
>still can't work with the following : In fact I try all the directive
>oso like $e+ or - $n+ or -

>C:\TP\BIN>tpc -b $e+ $n item9
>Turbo Pascal  Version 7.0  Copyright (c) 1983,92 Borland International
>ITEM9.PAS(68): Error 116: Must be in 8087 mode to compile this.
>   if(Value_Sub>=50) and (Value_Sub<=3000) Then

If you get the error when compiling with $N+ on the command
line, then I suggest that ITEM9.PAS may have {$N-} set.

    ...red

--
Support the anti-Spam amendment
  Join at http://www.cauce.org/

Re:HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

        From  the Options Menu in the editor select
        Compiler... and in the Dialog Box Check
        8087/80287 if you have a math coprocessor
        or Emulation if you don't.

        BTW your getting this comile error because you
        have declared one of your variables as one of
        the real types single, double, extended,  or comp,
        that require an 8087 coprocessor or emulator.
--
Hilton Evans
The two most important things in life are personal

hot...@pacific.net.sg wrote in article
<33D6969E.33C6E...@pacific.net.sg>...

> I need to compile a file but every time I compile it said must be in
> 8087 mode.
> PLEASE tell me how so I do it.  TIA

> C:\TP\BIN>tpc -b e+ n- item9
> Turbo Pascal  Version 7.0  Copyright (c) 1983,92 Borland International
> ITEM9.PAS(68): Error 116: Must be in 8087 mode to compile this.
>    if(Value_Sub>=50) and (Value_Sub<=3000) Then

> --

> Liou Jang
> ? e (Use Chinese Software GB Code)
> hot...@pacific.net.sg
> http://home.pacific.net.sg/~hotrod
> The cultivated Person helps others to fulfil what is good in them;
> he does not help them to develop what is bad in them (Analects XII:16)

Re:HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

Re:HELP ! HELP PLEASE IN COMPILE TO EXE FILE

I've translated some of my programs from TP7 to GNAT ADA95. That's
esay to do but quite long. Does someone have a tool to translate
automatically TP7 to ADA?

Thanks

Luc

Other Threads