Laser vs InkJet Printers

I have an Delphi 3 App that prints a complex Job Application Form with lots
of boxes, horizonal and vertical lines, and lots of data fields scattered
all over the form.

I developed the two page form using QuickReport, and it works quite well  --
no problem with that.  The problem, came up when we got another printer.
Heretofore, we used a HP LaserJet  4 Plus, now we have (via a switch box), a
HP DeskJet 890C.

When we switch over to the DeskJet (Yes, I change the Printer Default
Drivers to that of the DeskJet), the form is all messed up!  The data no
longer lands between boxes and lines.  Some of the data does not print at
the bottom.  Different built in margins limits, I guess.  Its just different
and not the same as that printed on the Laser.  No, I do not mean the
appearance, as the Deskjet's output is very crisp.  I mean that the
locatation of lines, boxes and data do not match that of the Laser's.

So what I would have to do is create separate programs in the Delphi App
which would print on the Deskjet and different ones to print on the Laser.
Seems screwry to me, as I don't have that problem with like Microsoft Word,
or Acrobat Reader....?

So, what's up.  Am I missing something?

Thanks ahead

Richard Wakeman
wake...@thegrid.net

Re:Laser vs InkJet Printers

Hi Richard!

Its a common problem.

Take a look at my TExcellentPrinterProducts at:

http://home1.gte.net/joehecht/index.htm

--
Joe C. Hecht

Other Threads