Indy: 10061 connection Requested using TIDTCPClient/Server

Hi,

my Client/Server-Application with the TIDClient/Server-Components works ok
until I make a Stress-Test. After a while I get the #10061-Error in my
client-application.

in the onexecute-event on the server i have to wait in a Peekmessage-loop
until i give back an answer to the client. the connection can be
disconnected by the client if he has to wait to long. otherwise the
connection will be closed by the server and the client.

does anybody has an idea for the reason of this 10061-error.

thank you
martin zefferer

Re:Indy: 10061 connection Requested using TIDTCPClient/Server

Without having an understanding of the Indy server component, I would
imagine that the time it takes for the client connection to be passed to a
thread and for the server to become available to new client requests is
taking some time, and during this time another of your clients is trying to
connect but the server is not listening at that moment causing the 10061
socket error. Another reason (which would generally cause a 10049 bind
error) is if you run out of ports because you are making too many new tcp
connections between your client and server and are eventually running out of
ports (there are a limited number of port-ip combinations which go into a
TIME_WAIT state and take some time before they can be re-used)

Paul

"Martin Zefferer" <martin.zeffe...@mapandguide.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> my Client/Server-Application with the TIDClient/Server-Components works ok
> until I make a Stress-Test. After a while I get the #10061-Error in my
> client-application.

> in the onexecute-event on the server i have to wait in a Peekmessage-loop
> until i give back an answer to the client. the connection can be
> disconnected by the client if he has to wait to long. otherwise the
> connection will be closed by the server and the client.

> does anybody has an idea for the reason of this 10061-error.

> thank you
> martin zefferer

Re:Indy: 10061 connection Requested using TIDTCPClient/Server

Thanks for your answer.

the problem was indy 8 problem and it is solved by indy 9

martin

"Paul Gertzen" <paulg@net-1 dot org> wrote in message

> Without having an understanding of the Indy server component, I would
> imagine that the time it takes for the client connection to be passed to a
> thread and for the server to become available to new client requests is
> taking some time, and during this time another of your clients is trying
> connect but the server is not listening at that moment causing the 10061
> socket error. Another reason (which would generally cause a 10049 bind
> error) is if you run out of ports because you are making too many new tcp
> connections between your client and server and are eventually running out
of
> ports (there are a limited number of port-ip combinations which go into a
> TIME_WAIT state and take some time before they can be re-used)

> Paul

> "Martin Zefferer" <martin.zeffe...@mapandguide.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > my Client/Server-Application with the TIDClient/Server-Components works
ok
> > until I make a Stress-Test. After a while I get the #10061-Error in my
> > client-application.

> > in the onexecute-event on the server i have to wait in a
Peekmessage-loop
> > until i give back an answer to the client. the connection can be
> > disconnected by the client if he has to wait to long. otherwise the
> > connection will be closed by the server and the client.

> > does anybody has an idea for the reason of this 10061-error.

> > thank you
> > martin zefferer

Other Threads