How can I the the XML returned from SQL 2000 where query has FOR XML AUTO or RAW

Hello,

I am trying to find out how to get the XML that can be returned from SQL
2000 into a useable form.in Delphi.

MSSQL2000 facilitates queries such as SELECT *  FROM myname FOR XML AUTO [or
RAW] which returns an XML string in Query Analyzer.

However, I have no idea on how to get the XML into a WideString [or some
alternative] where I can do something with it.

TYIA,

Robert Baker

Re:How can I the the XML returned from SQL 2000 where query has FOR XML AUTO or RAW

"Robert Baker" <zxy...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I am trying to find out how to get the XML that can be returned from SQL
> 2000 into a useable form.in Delphi.

You have to return it using a stream. Here's one example:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3c7f675c_1%40...

Andy Mackie.

Re:How can I the the XML returned from SQL 2000 where query has FOR XML AUTO or RAW

Andy,

Thank you very much - exactly what I needed:)

Robert
| http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3c7f675c_1%40...

Other Threads