Connecting to MS SQL server using NT security

I have Delphi 5 running with a SQL Server on Windows NT and I want to let my
application connect using NT security so I made the necessary accounts on th
SQL server, which is running locally.

If I specify no account or password it still doesn't use NT security but
still logs on as dbo/sa. What should I do to make it work? I have removed
all usernames in the BDE, in the driver section as well as in the alias.

Jack

Reply by e-mail is appreciated, the address is valid.

Re:Connecting to MS SQL server using NT security

Found some of the problem: When I check SYSTEM_USER it gives me the NT login
name that is passed but when I check USER or CURRENT_USER it always gives me
"dbo". The account I use is a admin account.

Am I still missing something, why is this?

"J" <nos...@umbra.demon.nl> wrote in message

> I have Delphi 5 running with a SQL Server on Windows NT and I want to let
my
> application connect using NT security so I made the necessary accounts on
th
> SQL server, which is running locally.

> If I specify no account or password it still doesn't use NT security but
> still logs on as dbo/sa. What should I do to make it work? I have removed
> all usernames in the BDE, in the driver section as well as in the alias.

> Jack

> Reply by e-mail is appreciated, the address is valid.

Re:Connecting to MS SQL server using NT security

Jack,

By default, when your are using NT authentication, and you have logged in
using an NT Administrator account, MS SQL Server maps the logon to the sa
account.

> Found some of the problem: When I check SYSTEM_USER it gives me the NT
login
> name that is passed but when I check USER or CURRENT_USER it always gives
me
> "dbo". The account I use is a admin account.

> Am I still missing something, why is this?

> "J" <nos...@umbra.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > I have Delphi 5 running with a SQL Server on Windows NT and I want to
let
> my
> > application connect using NT security so I made the necessary accounts
on
> th
> > SQL server, which is running locally.

> > If I specify no account or password it still doesn't use NT security but
> > still logs on as dbo/sa. What should I do to make it work? I have
removed
> > all usernames in the BDE, in the driver section as well as in the alias.

> > Jack

> > Reply by e-mail is appreciated, the address is valid.

Other Threads