Installing Delphi under NT 4.0

I am responsible for installing software on about 1000 PCs in our corporate
Network.

Lately I encountered some problems when installing Delphi on a users PC.
Delphi, as far as I discovered, is only installing properly in
administrative context. That resulted in having the Icons in the Admins
profile. bviously thats not the way it should be. Moving the links to the
All Users profile results in errors, when running Delphi.

Any suggestions?

Re:Installing Delphi under NT 4.0

Dieter Truckses wrote:
> I am responsible for installing software on about 1000 PCs in our corporate
> Network.

> Lately I encountered some problems when installing Delphi on a users PC.
> Delphi, as far as I discovered, is only installing properly in
> administrative context. That resulted in having the Icons in the Admins
> profile. bviously thats not the way it should be. Moving the links to the
> All Users profile results in errors, when running Delphi.

> Any suggestions?

 Hi Dieter,

Network installations of Delphi are not recommended nor supported.
However, you can refer to TI 2558, which is about a network installation
of a previous version of Delphi. TI 2558 is not intended for Delphi 3,
but if you follow it carefully and apply necessary changes, it should
definitely get you started.

--
James J. Kim
Delphi Developer Support