TQuery SQL statement "Capability Not Supported"

I'm trying to pull all the columns of the unique records from a Dbase IV table
using a TQuery object. The SQL line is "Select DISTINCT * from Tablename". This
is straight ANSI SQL - but I get a "Capability Not Supported" error.

My BDE is V3.0.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Re:TQuery SQL statement "Capability Not Supported"

In article <5j85lm$rk...@anarchy.io.com>, kjo...@io.com says...

> I'm trying to pull all the columns of the unique records from a Dbase IV table
> using a TQuery object. The SQL line is "Select DISTINCT * from Tablename". This
> is straight ANSI SQL - but I get a "Capability Not Supported" error.

> My BDE is V3.0.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks

Try individually naming the fields.

SELECT DISTINCT LASTNAME, DISTINCT FIRSTNAME FROM EMPLOYEE

--
Joe Healy -- jhe...@mindspring.com
Tampa / St Petersburg / Clearwater / Atlanta

Other Threads