Delphi with dBase or Delphi with Paradox??

I am a new user of Delphi. I used Clipper and Access and I did not like them.
I know Delphi should be the one I want. Will Delphi work better with Paradox
5.0 than with dBase5.5? What kind of book is good for the begginner? (I like
the one that has a complete database program.) Any recommendation will be
appreciated.

Andrew

bsand...@muccmail.missouri.edu

Re:Delphi with dBase or Delphi with Paradox??

bsand...@muccmail.missouri.edu (Andrew Huang) wrote:
>I am a new user of Delphi. I used Clipper and Access and I did not like them.
>I know Delphi should be the one I want. Will Delphi work better with Paradox
>5.0 than with dBase5.5? What kind of book is good for the begginner? (I like
>the one that has a complete database program.) Any recommendation will be
>appreciated.

Delphi and the Borland Database Engine (BDE) will use either the Paradox
5.0 for Windows or the Visual dBASE table (Visual dBASE did not change or
add to the existing table file specifications).

In multi-user environments, Delphi applications can act in concert with
both packages through table sharing provided by the BDE. When another
BDE-using package is installed, the latest BDE should be the one used. The
BDE is backward compatible, but not forward compatible.

Steve Koterski
Local InterBase Server Technical Support
Borland International, Inc.

Other Threads