Board index » delphi » Internet programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0

Internet programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0

I need some help about programming the Internet (sending, receiving
information) in Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS.
Any help appreciated!!

<font size=7>Wonder if html-code works here?</font size>
----------------------------------------------------------
 Anders Gardebring
 g...@nether.net
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1892/syntax.htm
----------------------------------------------------------

 

Re:Internet programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0


Quote
Anders Gardebring (g...@nether.net) wrote:

: I need some help about programming the Internet (sending, receiving
: information) in Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS.
: Any help appreciated!!

Many people want this, no one has dared to start this
project so far. There are units to access a packet driver
but this is very low level. To do interesting things one
needs TCP/IP protocols. This is difficult, especially the
TCP part. I guess the problem is handling all those
special cases with routing, fragmentation and such stuff.

There is something available, I think it's from the
author of Winsock. But it is a TSR that requires a lot
of memory and it doesn't seem to be very reliable.
I had lots of hangs and crashes when I tried it.

Another alternative is to use winsock (only in windoze)
or ipx instead of tcp/ip (only local, not worldwide).

Please anybody tell us that I'm wrong and
a tcp/ip unit for borland pascal already exists!

Klaus
--
Klaus Hartnegg, Institut fuer Biophysik, Hansa-Strasse 9a, D-79104 Freiburg
hartn...@uni-freiburg.de   http://www.brain.uni-freiburg.de/~klaus/

Re:Internet programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0


In article <4mqe1i$...@n.ruf.uni-freiburg.de>
           hartn...@sun2.ruf.uni-freiburg.de "Klaus Hartnegg" writes:

Quote
> Anders Gardebring (g...@nether.net) wrote:
> : I need some help about programming the Internet (sending, receiving
> : information) in Turbo Pascal 7.0 for DOS.
> : Any help appreciated!!

> Many people want this, no one has dared to start this
> project so far. There are units to access a packet driver
> but this is very low level. To do interesting things one
> needs TCP/IP protocols. This is difficult, especially the
> TCP part. I guess the problem is handling all those
> special cases with routing, fragmentation and such stuff.

> There is something available, I think it's from the
> author of Winsock. But it is a TSR that requires a lot
> of memory and it doesn't seem to be very reliable.
> I had lots of hangs and crashes when I tried it.

> Another alternative is to use winsock (only in windoze)
> or ipx instead of tcp/ip (only local, not worldwide).

> Please anybody tell us that I'm wrong and
> a tcp/ip unit for borland pascal already exists!

I would also be interested in a tcp/ip unit, but if anyone
has any info on tcp/ip, and on accessing dll's (especially winsock
probably in Windows95), using TP7.0, then I see no reason why
we couldn't all pool together and produce a unit ourselves.
I am sure that between us we could muster enough programming force
and expertise to perform this task. Anyone who has any info I
think, should therefore post it, so that we can try to make this
work.

--
News Reader (Silverstone)

Re:Internet programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0


News Reader Silverstone <NewsT...@seaquest.demon.co.uk> wrote:

Quote
>I would also be interested in a tcp/ip unit, but if anyone
>has any info on tcp/ip, and on accessing dll's (especially winsock
>probably in Windows95), using TP7.0, then I see no reason why
>we couldn't all pool together and produce a unit ourselves.
>I am sure that between us we could muster enough programming force
>and expertise to perform this task. Anyone who has any info I
>think, should therefore post it, so that we can try to make this
>work.
>--
>News Reader (Silverstone)

If we are going to form a group to come up with a tcp/ip unit in
pascal, i'd be more than willing to help.
At the moment I don't know a lot about tcp/ip, but I'll try to find
some docs and texts on the subject, and transform them to a unit.
If you find something that might help - be sure to post it, or send it
via e-mail.
Thanks and good luck.

-
Ravid Rosen-Tal
ra...@ibm.net

Other Threads