ParamStr returns DOS 8.3 filenames, how do I get the full names

I was rather surprised - when I drag and drop a file (or set of files)
onto my app, it seems that ParamStr(1..n) gets set to the DOS 8.3
filenames of the files dropped onto the icon/app. My question is
simple: how do I get/ where can I find, the full non-8.3 filenames
that were dropped?

thanks,
greg mushial

Re:ParamStr returns DOS 8.3 filenames, how do I get the full names

You could use the PathGetLongName function from the JCL
(http://www.delphi-jedi.org/Jedi:CODELIBJCL).

"greg mushial" <gmush...@gmdr.com> wrote in message

> I was rather surprised - when I drag and drop a file (or set of files)
> onto my app, it seems that ParamStr(1..n) gets set to the DOS 8.3
> filenames of the files dropped onto the icon/app. My question is
> simple: how do I get/ where can I find, the full non-8.3 filenames
> that were dropped?

> thanks,
> greg mushial

Other Threads