WIN32 API help file

Is there a WIN32 API help file with Delphi 3?  I'm unable to find it anywhere.
The only way I am able to get help in Delphi concerning the WIN32 API calls is
by typing in (for instance) 'GetTempPath' and then pressing F1.  The calls
themselves are not listed in the help index.  I've reinstalled Delphi three but
there is still no sign of any WIN32 help file.  Is this right?  If not does
anyone have any ideas?

                                             JR

Re:WIN32 API help file

Jra35 wrote in message <19981004181717.06322.00002...@ngol02.aol.com>...
>Is there a WIN32 API help file with Delphi 3?  I'm unable to find it
anywhere.
>The only way I am able to get help in Delphi concerning the WIN32 API calls
is
>by typing in (for instance) 'GetTempPath' and then pressing F1.  The calls
>themselves are not listed in the help index.  I've reinstalled Delphi three
but
>there is still no sign of any WIN32 help file.  Is this right?  If not does
>anyone have any ideas?

    There is one, but by default, the keyword index isn't merged.  There is
information on the Borland (Inprise) website about merging the keywords with
the main delphi help file.  Personally, I prefer to keep it seperate and
have a shortcut to the help file (it's in your Delphi/Help directory).

-------
You can find me on #Delphi on Newnet (irc.newnet.net)

Re:WIN32 API help file

In article <19981004181848.04331.00002...@ngol01.aol.com>, jr...@aol.com

(Jra35) writes:
>Is there a WIN32 API help file with Delphi 3?  I'm unable to find it
>anywhere.
>The only way I am able to get help in Delphi concerning the WIN32 API calls
>is
>by typing in (for instance) 'GetTempPath' and then pressing F1.  The calls
>themselves are not listed in the help index.  I've reinstalled Delphi three
>but
>there is still no sign of any WIN32 help file.  Is this right?  If not does
>anyone have any ideas?

There IS a Win32.hlp in Delphi3_CD:\RUNIMAGE\DELPHI30\HELP together with its
.CNT files etc. This should have been installed on your PC.

I find the best search for API information is to build a word list in Win32.HLP
Index | Find and enter appropriate words to search for.

The Delphi headers for API calls are in the source .PAS files. Here I do a word
contents search (Windows Explorer | Tools | Find | Advanced) and then open the
appropriate source file in WordPad to inspect the header definition etc.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads