running app at start-up BEFORE log-in-dialog appears

Hi,
How can i maker it that my app will start before the log-in-dialog appears.
???
It's possible while for example McAfee it does...

I hope you can help me.

Thanks alot

Jozy

Re:running app at start-up BEFORE log-in-dialog appears

"Jozy" <n...@adress.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> How can i maker it that my app will start before the log-in-dialog
appears.
> ???
> It's possible while for example McAfee it does...

> I hope you can help me.

> Thanks alot

> Jozy

If you're using NT or 2KPro you'll need to write a service.

If you're using 9x you can put your executable in the
HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run key.

GRS

"Mike" <pb56DEL...@dial.pipex.com> wrote in message

> Have a look at this function. It was written with D4 and has been
> tested under win95. don't know about 98/NT. If you use it under NT
> post a message and let me know if it works.

> Mike.

Hi,

Writing to the HKLM branch of the registry is not allowed in NT/2k-Pro
unless the user has administrator privileges and will raise an exception.

I've often done the same kind of thing in 98 and 98SE (for a home-made
antivirus and a system resource monitor) and it works fine.

GRS

Other Threads