DBChart (TeeChart)

Help please !

I'm using a TDBChart object to plot scientific data held in a paradox
database table. In some records one field is sometimes blank because
we simply could not get the relevent item of data. TDBChart plots the
blank fields as having a value of zero. I cannot find any available
setting in TDBChart to ignore blank values (continue to plot the line
from the previous non blank value straight through to the next) or to
leave a segment unplotted where the data is missing. Having the line
plot down to a zero value then bounce back up to the next non blank
value makes the data and the trend look incorrect. Is there such a
setting in the free version of TeeChart shipped with Delphi 3 or is
there one in the seperately sold TeeChart pro. Or has anyone any other
ideas hopefully without any tortuous programming. If I prefilter out
the blank values for the one specific series, I will lose data from
other series where we were able to collect data.

Thanks

Regards
Peter Cattlin
p...@vitec.demon.co.uk

Re:DBChart (TeeChart)

Peter,

How about filtering the table to exclude the zero values?

Ken
--
Ken White
kwh...@westelcom.com

Clipper Functions for Delphi
http://members.aol.com/clipfunc/

Peter Lees Cattlin wrote:

> Help please !

> I'm using a TDBChart object to plot scientific data held in a paradox
> database table. In some records one field is sometimes blank because
> we simply could not get the relevent item of data. TDBChart plots the
> blank fields as having a value of zero. I cannot find any available
> setting in TDBChart to ignore blank values (continue to plot the line
> from the previous non blank value straight through to the next) or to
> leave a segment unplotted where the data is missing. Having the line
> plot down to a zero value then bounce back up to the next non blank
> value makes the data and the trend look incorrect. Is there such a
> setting in the free version of TeeChart shipped with Delphi 3 or is
> there one in the seperately sold TeeChart pro. Or has anyone any other
> ideas hopefully without any tortuous programming. If I prefilter out
> the blank values for the one specific series, I will lose data from
> other series where we were able to collect data.

> Thanks

> Regards
> Peter Cattlin
> p...@vitec.demon.co.uk

Re:DBChart (TeeChart)

Yes thanks, I've filtered the offending records. However this
unfortunately filters out the other plottable fields with non blank
data for this same record.

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998 15:56:48 -0400, Ken White <kwh...@westelcom.com>
wrote:

>Peter,

>How about filtering the table to exclude the zero values?

>Ken

Regards
Peter Cattlin
p...@vitec.demon.co.uk