ADO Express and MDAC 2.5

ADO Express explicitly uses MDAC 2.1.  Is it possible to upgrade it to
version 2.5 ?.
 I need to do this because I'm interested in the streaming features that are
available in version 2.5.

Many Thanks
/Per Schrotti

Re:ADO Express and MDAC 2.5

You can still do this.  Just import the Ado 2.5 type library.

"Per Schrotti" <per.schro...@extenda.se> wrote in message

> ADO Express explicitly uses MDAC 2.1.  Is it possible to upgrade it to
> version 2.5 ?.
>  I need to do this because I'm interested in the streaming features that
are
> available in version 2.5.

> Many Thanks
> /Per Schrotti

Re:ADO Express and MDAC 2.5

"Troy Wolbrink" <wolbr...@ccci.org> wrote in message

> You can still do this.  Just import the Ado 2.5 type library.

> "Per Schrotti" <per.schro...@extenda.se> wrote in message
> > ADO Express explicitly uses MDAC 2.1.  Is it possible to upgrade it to
> > version 2.5 ?.
> >  I need to do this because I'm interested in the streaming features that
> are
> > available in version 2.5.

> > Many Thanks
> > /Per Schrotti

Hmmm, interesting!

I'm using MDAC 2.6RTM and I have experienced some minor problems, such as
unexpected exceptions and so forth ...
How excatcly does one "import the Ado 2.x type library"?

Re:ADO Express and MDAC 2.5

Juan,

>How excatcly does one "import the Ado 2.x type library"?

In Delphi select Project and then Import Type Library. They are sorted
alphabetically. The ADO type libraries all begin with "Microsoft".

Guy.

Re:ADO Express and MDAC 2.5

Actuall, updating ADO Express from codecentral worked the charm!
But thank you anyway!

"Guy Smith-Ferrier" <guysm...@compuserve.com> wrote in message

> Juan,

> >How excatcly does one "import the Ado 2.x type library"?

> In Delphi select Project and then Import Type Library. They are sorted
> alphabetically. The ADO type libraries all begin with "Microsoft".

> Guy.

Other Threads