BDE & MS-SQL Speed

All;

    Need some advice in making Delphi and MS-SQL faster in logging in and
issuing SQL querys.  I'm currently using TCP/IP. The MS-SQL Client Software
is configured for TCP/IP.  When I log in as SA via ISQL/w the response is
quick.  When I log in with my Delphi App, it's slow with lots of hard drive
access.  What am I missing?

Thanks;
Dean Jones
Personal Tech Software

Re:BDE & MS-SQL Speed

You need to check all your ttable or tquery, all or most of them must be
open. When you apps start, the pgm retreive all the information from the sql
server, it's why you see a lot of disk acces on your station, just modify
your pgm to make sure you open only the query or table you need at startup
and open the other on the fly.

Dean Jones <jone...@konnect.net> wrote in message

> All;

>     Need some advice in making Delphi and MS-SQL faster in logging in and
> issuing SQL querys.  I'm currently using TCP/IP. The MS-SQL Client
Software
> is configured for TCP/IP.  When I log in as SA via ISQL/w the response is
> quick.  When I log in with my Delphi App, it's slow with lots of hard
drive
> access.  What am I missing?

> Thanks;
> Dean Jones
> Personal Tech Software

Re:BDE & MS-SQL Speed

Dominique;

 That's all I do is set the tdatabase component property 'Connected true'
after I feed it the login name and password.  The SQL hourglass is there a
long time.  If I open a query, this to takes a long time.  The MS-SQL client
software is lightning fast compared to my Delphi 4 client app in logging in
as well as issuing queries.  What am I missing?

Dean Jones
Personal Tech Software

Dominique Phaneuf <dphan...@osiris.com> wrote in message

> You need to check all your ttable or tquery, all or most of them must be
> open. When you apps start, the pgm retreive all the information from the
sql
> server, it's why you see a lot of disk acces on your station, just modify
> your pgm to make sure you open only the query or table you need at startup
> and open the other on the fly.

> Dean Jones <jone...@konnect.net> wrote in message
> > All;

> >     Need some advice in making Delphi and MS-SQL faster in logging in
and
> > issuing SQL querys.  I'm currently using TCP/IP. The MS-SQL Client
> Software
> > is configured for TCP/IP.  When I log in as SA via ISQL/w the response
is
> > quick.  When I log in with my Delphi App, it's slow with lots of hard
> drive
> > access.  What am I missing?

> > Thanks;
> > Dean Jones