Killing explicitly a COM object with Delphi 5

Hi ,
I program a sofware that uses a Com Object ( An animated tray that controls
a time ...) . I have no problem to create it and to use it, but my problem
is to kill it...
Actually, the Com Object is always alive, even if my main application is
already killed .
I have already used the methods :
Comobj := nil ; or Comobj._release ; but it doesn't work.
I would be very greatefull if you could help me.
Thanks
Benoit

Re:Killing explicitly a COM object with Delphi 5

itd: Raphael Coeffic <coef...@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> ???Y
????? ???Y??:8ebj0n$c...@bornews.borland.com...

> Hi ,
> I program a sofware that uses a Com Object ( An animated tray that
controls
> a time ...) . I have no problem to create it and to use it, but my problem
> is to kill it...
> Actually, the Com Object is always alive, even if my main application is
> already killed .
> I have already used the methods :
> Comobj := nil ; or Comobj._release ; but it doesn't work.

> I would be very greatefull if you could help me.
> Thanks
> Benoit

You application is never ending If it uses two COM objects that pointers to
each other ...

Other Threads