Specify 'RunAs' programmaticaly

I can install a DCOM server to run under a specific account using 'RunAs'
(dcomcnfg).
I would like to be able to specify the RunAs parameters (account+password)
from within a program. (The program will be run by an administrator).

I can do this kind of thing for services using ChangeServiceConfig.
Is there a way to do this for DCOM servers?

Edwin van der Elst

Re:Specify 'RunAs' programmaticaly

Hello,

Check out the IAccessControl interface on MSDN.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.
Edwin van der Elst wrote in message <01bdfd04$eeb9c350$1345020a@nl95l004>...

>I can install a DCOM server to run under a specific account using 'RunAs'
>(dcomcnfg).
>I would like to be able to specify the RunAs parameters (account+password)
>from within a program. (The program will be run by an administrator).

>I can do this kind of thing for services using ChangeServiceConfig.
>Is there a way to do this for DCOM servers?

>Edwin van der Elst

Other Threads