Smooth Scrolling of a Component (Animate)

Can anyone point me in the right direction for creating smooth scrolling
of a component, like the ubiquitous scrolling of a label in an about box
for displaying credits. I'm thinking the use of a timer is required?
Know of any other ways?

-Robert

Re:Smooth Scrolling of a Component (Animate)

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:35:35 -0700, Robert Barr

<REMOVE_NOSPAMb...@unm.edu> wrote:
>Can anyone point me in the right direction for creating smooth scrolling
>of a component

A timer is your best option. Another option is to use the Sleep
function for delays, but that would halt the entire application. Set a
counter for the number of redraws you need, start a timer, decrement
the counter with each WM_TIMER message (or OnTimer event), and stop
the timer when you reach 0.

---
Yorai Aminov (TeamB)
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/yaminov
(TeamB cannot answer questions received via email.
To contact me for any other reason remove nospam from my address)

Other Threads