Slow down on Terminal server

Delphi application, using BDE 5.11 Paradox driver, which worked just fine on
NT4.0 server / Win98 workstations, has been moved to Win2000 Terminal server
environment. Now it periodically slows down, e.g. forms are opened end
closed extremly slow (up to 2 minutes instead of 2 seconds). Network traffic
end server load remains normal at the same time. This happened occasionally
(no rule), and application "recovers" = return to normal speed after 10
minutes or so. Otherwise all seems normally.

We thinks it might be a BDE configuration problem.

Bostjan Pogacar

Re:Slow down on Terminal server

Problem solved:
Problem was in application which uses "Application.ProcessMessages" in a
repeat loop (some sort of "wait" routine). Application worked fine (?) on
workstations (different CPU-s ), but {*word*88}d a Terminal server (shared CPU).
After rewriting of application problem disappeared.

> server load remains normal at the same time

WRONG: CPU load went to 100%, but at first test system engineer observed
console of a wrong server :-)

Bostjan Pogacar

"Bostjan Pogacar" <bostjan.poga...@sezam.si> wrote in message

> Delphi application, using BDE 5.11 Paradox driver, which worked just fine
on
> NT4.0 server / Win98 workstations, has been moved to Win2000 Terminal
server
> environment. Now it periodically slows down, e.g. forms are opened end
> closed extremly slow (up to 2 minutes instead of 2 seconds). Network
traffic
> end server load remains normal at the same time. This happened
occasionally
> (no rule), and application "recovers" = return to normal speed after 10
> minutes or so. Otherwise all seems normally.

> We thinks it might be a BDE configuration problem.

> Bostjan Pogacar

Other Threads