Board index » delphi » MSACCESS DAO 3.5 And 3.0 conflicts?

MSACCESS DAO 3.5 And 3.0 conflicts?

I have a development machine with
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO350
registry entry.
My end user machine also has the same entry.
My end user machine as Office 97 Professional Service Release 1 installed.
My development has installed Visual Basic 5.0
My Delphi application runs on the development machine!
My Delphi application does not run on the end user machine.  It says
Cannot load C:\WINDOWS\MSAPPS\DAO\DAO3032.DLL.

I have used the Install Shield 2.02 to install the software on the end user
machine.  It appears a problem between DAO 3.0 and DAO 3.5 but I am unsure
and lost on how to fix this.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
--
Steven Helms
SH3 Computer Systems, Inc.
s...@illuminet.net

 

Re:MSACCESS DAO 3.5 And 3.0 conflicts?


You need to change the dll32 param in the MSACCESS driver to IDDA3532.dll.  It
currently is looking at IDDA032 which is the DAO3.0 driver.  This is the
default driver the BDE loads when installed.

Jeff Overcash

In article <6lb5ki$...@forums.borland.com>, "Steven Helms, III"

Quote
<s...@illuminet.net> wrote:
>I have a development machine with
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO350
>registry entry.
>My end user machine also has the same entry.
>My end user machine as Office 97 Professional Service Release 1 installed.
>My development has installed Visual Basic 5.0
>My Delphi application runs on the development machine!
>My Delphi application does not run on the end user machine.  It says
>Cannot load C:\WINDOWS\MSAPPS\DAO\DAO3032.DLL.

>I have used the Install Shield 2.02 to install the software on the end user
>machine.  It appears a problem between DAO 3.0 and DAO 3.5 but I am unsure
>and lost on how to fix this.

>Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Re:MSACCESS DAO 3.5 And 3.0 conflicts?


I changed the DLL32  parameter in the registery to IDDA3532.dll and
rebooted.  The message still appears.  One other bit of information, their
is a 16 bit Delphi Application on the same computer.  It has information in
C:\IDAPI.  Any more ideas?
--
Steven Helms
SH3 Computer Systems, Inc.
s...@illuminet.net

Quote
Jeff Overcash wrote in message <6lck0r$j5...@camel0.mindspring.com>...
>You need to change the dll32 param in the MSACCESS driver to IDDA3532.dll.
It
>currently is looking at IDDA032 which is the DAO3.0 driver.  This is the
>default driver the BDE loads when installed.

>Jeff Overcash

>In article <6lb5ki$...@forums.borland.com>, "Steven Helms, III"
><s...@illuminet.net> wrote:
>>I have a development machine with
>>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO350
>>registry entry.
>>My end user machine also has the same entry.
>>My end user machine as Office 97 Professional Service Release 1 installed.
>>My development has installed Visual Basic 5.0
>>My Delphi application runs on the development machine!
>>My Delphi application does not run on the end user machine.  It says
>>Cannot load C:\WINDOWS\MSAPPS\DAO\DAO3032.DLL.

>>I have used the Install Shield 2.02 to install the software on the end
user
>>machine.  It appears a problem between DAO 3.0 and DAO 3.5 but I am unsure
>>and lost on how to fix this.

>>Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Re:MSACCESS DAO 3.5 And 3.0 conflicts?


Check the registry and make sure that there is a registry entry for DAO3.5.  
It should be in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\DAO35

with a key value equal to the path and filename of the dll usually "C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\DAO350.DLL".  It sounds like DAO3.5 is
not correctly installed on the machine.  Did you do a full or partial install
of the BDE?  Also InstallShieldExpress that comes with D3 does not know how to
properly install the new IDDA3532.dll, but if you got that as an option in the
BDE admin for the dll32 param it looks like you have the BDE installed
correctly.  You might want to check though and insure the dll got copied to
the BDE directory.  If you are using DAO3.0 then M$ does not correctly update
the registry.  Directions to fix it are at
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/628.html

Jeff Overcash

In article <6lgoj0$4...@forums.borland.com>, "Steven Helms, III"

Quote
<s...@illuminet.net> wrote:
>I changed the DLL32  parameter in the registery to IDDA3532.dll and
>rebooted.  The message still appears.  One other bit of information, their
>is a 16 bit Delphi Application on the same computer.  It has information in
>C:\IDAPI.  Any more ideas?

Other Threads