Reading Default Values from Paradox-Tables

I need to create Paradox Tables at Runtime
So first I have to read out the Field-Values of the original Tables
and in a Database.
And at Runtime the Tables will be created with the Field-Values
of this Database.
Now my Problem:
    I need the Default-Value that is normally stored with the
Database-Desktop
    of Delphi.

    How can I read this Default-Value and how can I write this Value
back in a
    new Table ?

    has it something to do with the DBIVCHK-Structure (how does this
structure look,
    because there is no definition in the Delphi-Online Help) ?

    Richter

Re:Reading Default Values from Paradox-Tables

Bernd Richter wrote:

> I need to create Paradox Tables at Runtime
> So first I have to read out the Field-Values of the original Tables
> and in a Database.
> And at Runtime the Tables will be created with the Field-Values
> of this Database.
> Now my Problem:
>     I need the Default-Value that is normally stored with the
> Database-Desktop
>     of Delphi.

>     How can I read this Default-Value and how can I write this Value
> back in a
>     new Table ?

>     has it something to do with the DBIVCHK-Structure (how does this
> structure look,
>     because there is no definition in the Delphi-Online Help) ?

>     Richter

Hello,
  Look at DbiGetVCHkDesc in the BDE32.HLP file.  To add a default value
to a table, look at:
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbidorestructure.html

 Scott
--