DELPHI 1.0 + MS SQL6.0 BUG ? - PC HANGS WITH INSERT

If have a problem.

I use Delphi 1.0, connected with the database Microsoft SQL 6.0
running on a windows NT server.

Its works fine.

BUT

I have 1 table with a problem.
If I insert a record to this table the CLIENT PC HANGS.
It's a very simple tabel with only 2 fields.
If I insert a record that starts with a 'T' or 'G' the PC HANGS.
Other values just work fine.

I have created the table again ===> The same problem.
The other 20 tables I use work without problems !!!

Can someone give me a clue ?

Re:DELPHI 1.0 + MS SQL6.0 BUG ? - PC HANGS WITH INSERT

I have read some items in the ng about the use of clustered indexes
causing hangups in sql 6.0/delphi. Because the lockups youre getting
relate to certain insertion conditions only, maybe this is the cause. The
suggestions as i have read are to not use a clustered index as primary key
ever else you get lockups. Look aroung this ng and you will see articiles
about this. If you are not using clustered indexes then disregard this
note. Good luck.

Other Threads