Convertion from Paradox to Interbase

I have an application writen in Paradox an is now
being converted to Interbase.

Could anyone please tell me of their experence if
they have done this.

I am having some preformance problems, one particular
problem is that in the application a query on one
machine will take 5 sec and on another machine it
could take 1 min (I have no idea why).

please help if you can.

Thank-you very much

Adam Sorati
asor...@link.com.au

PS. Please email as my news server is not relaible.

Re:Convertion from Paradox to Interbase

You probably will need to use TQueries instead of TTables.
Use sql statements instead of delphi's ttable.methods to find records.
Converting a ISAM or local db program to SQL Server (you have to think
of interbase as an server wether you run libs or ibs on a real server)
is not always straight forward.
Without seeing the code that is too slow i can only give general
adwise.

On Fri, 30 May 1997 09:52:38 +1000, Adam Sorati <asor...@link.com.au>
wrote:

>I have an application writen in Paradox an is now
>being converted to Interbase.

>Could anyone please tell me of their experence if
>they have done this.

>I am having some preformance problems, one particular
>problem is that in the application a query on one
>machine will take 5 sec and on another machine it
>could take 1 min (I have no idea why).

>please help if you can.

>Thank-you very much

>Adam Sorati
>asor...@link.com.au

>PS. Please email as my news server is not relaible.

Christian Kaas
Client/Server development and consulting
Fax. 49-9129-5518
Phone 49-9129-5508

Other Threads