data entry for matrix data

With Delphi 1.02, I have to create a data entry for matrix data.
A record might consist of a Record ID and the matrix data
(e.g. 9 rows labeled A-H, 10 lines labeled 1-10).

I can't use a DBGrid (as all the matrix data of one  record have to be
visible without the need to scroll), and so I use TDBEdit's arranged
as follows:

          Record ID: xxxxx

                 A    B    C     D    ...
          1   xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx
          2   xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx
          3   xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx
          ...  xxx  .....

As the creation of the form with all those DBEdits on it is quite
slow, I wondered whether there would be a better solution, some kind
of TDBMatrix maybe ?

Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks !

Thomas Marti
t...@bboxbbs.ch

Re:data entry for matrix data

You need to use two databases.

The parent database holds the real records you are wanting to hold and
scroll, and the child holds the matrix data.  The interface might get
tricky, who knows.

Thomas Marti wrote in message <34c73d6d.722...@news.spectraweb.ch>...

>With Delphi 1.02, I have to create a data entry for matrix data.
>A record might consist of a Record ID and the matrix data
>(e.g. 9 rows labeled A-H, 10 lines labeled 1-10).

>I can't use a DBGrid (as all the matrix data of one  record have to be
>visible without the need to scroll), and so I use TDBEdit's arranged
>as follows:

>          Record ID: xxxxx

>                 A    B    C     D    ...
>          1   xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx
>          2   xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx
>          3   xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx  xxx

>As the creation of the form with all those DBEdits on it is quite
>slow, I wondered whether there would be a better solution, some kind
>of TDBMatrix maybe ?

>Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks !

>Thomas Marti
>t...@bboxbbs.ch

Other Threads