ReportSmith's Master/Detail Report Variable passing from Delphi

I have a problem with passing a report variable from Delphi to Reportsmith.
The situation is that I have create a Master/Details columnar report and I
have two report variables to pass to the report, one report variable is in
the Master report and the other report variable in the Detail report. I have
no problem in passing the variable in the Master report. But I just can't
seem to pass anything to the Detail variable.

I have tried writing a macro in Reportsmith and linking it to the Before
Report Load event, the macro is suppose to set the variables in both the
Master and Report variables to a certain value. The Master report variable
was set but the Detail report variable still can't be accessed.

Please Advice...

My E-mail address is Johnc...@singnet.com.sg

Re:ReportSmith's Master/Detail Report Variable passing from Delphi

In article <41f2f0$...@lantana.singnet.com.sg>, Johnc...@singnet.com.sg
says...
>the Master report and the other report variable in the Detail report. I
have
>no problem in passing the variable in the Master report. But I just

can't

I am having problems passing two report variabls to a crosstab report.  I
am using
report.InitialValues.Add('@startDate=<1/1/95>');
report.InitialValues.Add('@endDate=<6/6/95>');
report.run;

These don't seem to get into the report although the report now does not
prompt me for the two dates.

How did you get your master report variable in successfully?

Regards,

Other Threads