???----Design Time and Run time

Hi
I write a reporter writer. I want the program during run time looking like
design time. User can drag ,drop , size ,move the component. It is easy to
do it?
Any tips??
Thanks

Harden

Re:???----Design Time and Run time

begin 644 dragform.txt
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
0;&EC:PT*("!E;F0-"F5N9`<'
`
end

Re:???----Design Time and Run time

On 9 Feb 1997 23:05:41 GMT, "Harden ZHU" <Harde...@Worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>Hi
>I write a reporter writer. I want the program during run time looking like
>design time. User can drag ,drop , size ,move the component. It is easy to
>do it?
>Any tips??
>Thanks

>Harden

Maybe this file helps you. It shows how to make Windows thik that you
are clicking on his title bar, then if you drag the object it moves in
the form.Dont forget that all controls in Windows are Windows. ;-)

I guess that it must work with all controls. But you must to derive
all controls that you wanna use in your report writer. That;s the help
i can give you.

Bye friend.

Re:???----Design Time and Run time

First thanks for response.
My controls inherit from  TGraphicControl.
They cannot receive focus while my application is running
And cannot contain other controls.do not have a window handle.Look like I
need change  them to TControl. Does it?

Thanks

Harden

Re:???----Design Time and Run time

On 10 Feb 1997 07:00:02 GMT, "Harden ZHU" <Harde...@Worldnet.att.net>
wrote:

>First thanks for response.
>My controls inherit from  TGraphicControl.
>They cannot receive focus while my application is running
>And cannot contain other controls.do not have a window handle.Look like I
>need change  them to TControl. Does it?

>Thanks

>Harden

To make the things easy to you change the inherit to TControl...

Bye... tell if that works.

Re:???----Design Time and Run time

Here's a bandaid solution for you (one that will work but that will
probably not be as satisfactory as you would like).  Derive an ancestor
from TPanel and create your TGraphicControl on the fly.  Align
alClient.  Set your OnClick event for your TGraphicControl to give focus
to the panel, and then you should be able to send the needed sizing
messages.

Hope that makes sense.

Take care!
Chris