Wond 97 and Word 2000

How can i Use Word (
Windows 98 with Word 97  and
Windows 2000 with Word 2000 )

with the Same Programm ??

If I Use The TWordApplication and TWordDocument for Office 2000 It Works
with 2000 but not with 97
If I Use The TWordApplication and TWordDocument for Office 97 It Works with
97 but not with 2000

If I Use the Components of 2000 under 97 the Error "External exception
C000001D" occurs
And If I Use then 97 Comonentes under 2000 I can not print the Document.

Cananyone Help me.

Tnx

Re:Wond 97 and Word 2000

<<Gnter Adomszent:
If I Use The TWordApplication and TWordDocument for Office
97 It Works with 97 but not with 2000

The Word97 components work fine with Word2000, but don't
allow you to access Word2000's new features. The Word2000
components work with Word97 as long as you use the
compatible methods, AddOld, OpenOld, PrintOld, etc, instead
of Add and Open. (You can check the Application.Version
property to decide which method to use.)

Re:Wond 97 and Word 2000

Tnx It Works

Is There also a Chance to use the Excel2000 - Component with Excel 97 ??
 No existing AddOld )

> The Word97 components work fine with Word2000, but don't
> allow you to access Word2000's new features. The Word2000
> components work with Word97 as long as you use the
> compatible methods, AddOld, OpenOld, PrintOld, etc, instead
> of Add and Open. (You can check the Application.Version
> property to decide which method to use.)

Re:Wond 97 and Word 2000

<<Gnter Adomszent:
Is There also a Chance to use the Excel2000 - Component
with Excel 97 ??

Yes. There are one or two methods that have new versions,
where you need to use the compatible _Methodname method for
Excel97 (I don't know why they used underscore prefixes
instead of 'old' suffixes, but that's MS for you).

But you can't use Access 2000 components with Access 97,
and Outlook has some problems too.