features disabled

Hello to all.

I'm using TOleContainer.CreateObject  for some applications such as MS Word,
MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.

I set the property AutoActivate for aaManual and Execute the verb ovShow.

For MS Word and MS Excel some important features like PRINT, PREVIEW PRINT,
SHOW STATUSBAR to name a few are always disabled and I can't do anything to
enable them.
For MS Powerpoint it's even worse: the OleContainer is shown with only a
white square and the server's menu isn't shown. After the program is closed
a message of "Run time error" is displayed (just for PPoint).
A few similar problems happen to some other applications.

Does anybody have any idea of what's going on and how I can solve this
problem?

Thanks in advance.

Yours,
Leandro.

Re:features disabled

<<Leandro:
 For MS Word and MS Excel some important features like PRINT,
PREVIEW PRINT, SHOW STATUSBAR to name a few are always
disabled and I can't do anything to enable them.

For MS Powerpoint it's even worse: the OleContainer is shown
with only a white square and the server's menu isn't shown.

This is because of the way OleContainers merge the server's
menus with the menus on your form. If you don't have a main
menu on your form, none of the server's menus will appear. If
you have, only the menus in the server with an even-numbered
GroupIndex will appear. If you want to use inplace activation
with an OleContainer, I think you can just build your own File
menu for Word, give it a GroupIndex of 1, and call the
appropriate Word instructions for it. It will appear in the place
Word's File menu usually does.

Deborah Pate

Other Threads