Invalid array of index descriptors w/ access 2000

I am creating a table in an existing Access2000 mdb file using the BDE. (The
BDE is has just been upgraded to 5.1.1 without fixing the problem.)

I am using ODBC as a workaround because the MsAccess driver gives a message
'invalid file format' when I try to connect.

Using the ODBC driver I can create the table and I can create an index.

If I specify the Index options as ixPrimary and ixUnique, I get an exception
on index creation "Invalid array of index descriptors". Either or both of
these options causes an exception.

The index itself consists of two text fields at the start of the table and I
name the  created index 'PrimaryKey' (the MS default index name).

I suppose as a worst case I can add a TQuery and try to create the index
using SQL but it would be better if someone can come up with the correct
incantation.

TIA,
Gerard Pierce

Re:Invalid array of index descriptors w/ access 2000

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 15:12:34 -0800, "Gerard Pierce" <gpie...@primenet.com>
wrote:

>I am using ODBC as a workaround because the MsAccess driver gives a message
>'invalid file format' when I try to connect.

That would be because the BDE 'MSACCESS' driver only supports MS-Access v7
(Access95) & v8 (Access97).  If you wish to use MS-Access v9 (Access2000)
you need to use ADO or ODBC to connect.

>If I specify the Index options as ixPrimary and ixUnique, I get an exception
>on index creation "Invalid array of index descriptors". Either or both of
>these options causes an exception.

I am afraid I am not aware of anything which would cause this error...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Other Threads