Form Resize for Screen resolution

I must be missing something simple because I can't believe this is a
problem.  I have a delphi database (standard paradox) application that must
run on several machines (Windows NT network).  When I run on a machine other
than the development machine the forms are out of wack.  How do I
automatically adjust the form for the monitor resolution - especially on a
notebook?

Thanks,
Bill Plunkett

Re:Form Resize for Screen resolution

With great difficulty<g>. It depends on what you want to adjust. If you just
want the controls to resize when you or the user set the form size then use
the Anchors property of the components on the form to control how they grow
or shrink. If you want font sizes to change you will need a third part
compoent. One commercial product that does this is GT Sixer
(www.genotechs.com). There are some shareware products as well I believe.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Form Resize for Screen resolution

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999 15:56:58 -0500, "Bill Plunkett"

<plunk...@e-tex.com> wrote:
>I must be missing something simple because I can't believe this is a
>problem.  I have a delphi database (standard paradox) application that must
>run on several machines (Windows NT network).  When I run on a machine other
>than the development machine the forms are out of wack.  How do I
>automatically adjust the form for the monitor resolution - especially on a
>notebook?

>Thanks,
>Bill Plunkett

Well, it's not that simple. There is a tech tips document from Inprise
about this which you can find on their web site. However, there are
quite a few third party components that handle this more or less well.
However, few are free. I can refer you to one or two, but none that I
am aware of resizes everything perfectly. The bottom line is that
there is no automatic way to do it, though using scalable fonts, etc.
can make the job easier.

Steve F (Team B)

Other Threads