Help about Delphi3 and Informix

Hello!

I have a trouble with Delhi 3 and Informix, I`m working in a
client-server environment; when I doing  a query in my app, the
response time is 3 minutes aprox., but if this query is done in the
database explorer the response time is one second.
The table where is made the query is not big, it has 1465 rows, (the
length of the row is 345 bytes).
I would like to know if there are some parameters i have to modified for
to decrease the response time in my app.

            Thanks for the help that you can give me.

                                Aurora Hernndez.