Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

I have just installed Delphi 5, I can not compile any programs, when
every I try to do compile or run any program I get the following error.

I have tried numerous demo programs and they all fail exactly the same.

I have run every version of Delphi from version 1 up to 4 with little
problems.  But so far Delphi 5 won't let me do anything.

[Fatal Error] richedit.dpr(7): Internal error: URW3375

Rick Jesse

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

I've Reinstalled clean, overtop, shutdown all running apps etc, nothing
is working.  HELP!!!!!!
"Rick L. Jesse" wrote:

> I have just installed Delphi 5, I can not compile any programs, when
> every I try to do compile or run any program I get the following error.

> I have tried numerous demo programs and they all fail exactly the same.

> I have run every version of Delphi from version 1 up to 4 with little
> problems.  But so far Delphi 5 won't let me do anything.

> [Fatal Error] richedit.dpr(7): Internal error: URW3375

> Rick Jesse

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

Hi Rick,

Could you give us a better description of the problem you are having, such
as what your "Demo" program consists of?  Are you using third-party
components at all?  I have used the richedit component in D5 with no
problems.

--

R/S Aaron Rhodes
Delphi Technical Support

There is going to be a live chat with the Delphi team on
September 30th, 10:00 am - 11:00 am, PST (GMT-7).
For more info, go to www.borland.com.
Rick L. Jesse <rje...@home.com> wrote in message

> I've Reinstalled clean, overtop, shutdown all running apps etc, nothing
> is working.  HELP!!!!!!

> "Rick L. Jesse" wrote:

> > I have just installed Delphi 5, I can not compile any programs, when
> > every I try to do compile or run any program I get the following error.

> > I have tried numerous demo programs and they all fail exactly the same.

> > I have run every version of Delphi from version 1 up to 4 with little
> > problems.  But so far Delphi 5 won't let me do anything.

> > [Fatal Error] richedit.dpr(7): Internal error: URW3375

> > Rick Jesse

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

"Aaron Rhodes (Borland)" wrote:

The error occurs on all demos from the Delphi 5 directory.  I have also
tried numerous
programs I created from previous versions of Delphi 2, 3 & 4.  I have
even tried creating
a new porject, blank form with a button the displays "Hello World" when
pressed.  All
responde exactly the same.

I get the Fatal Error URW3375 when ever I try to build, compile or step
through a program
under Delphi 5.  The compiler will not even attempt to compile the
program.  I have since
reinstalled the program for the 3rd time and am now getting the same
message except the
error code is now URW2693.

I have uninstalled Delphi5, reinstalled Delphi 5 on numerous occasions.
I currently have
Delphi 2, 3 & 4 running on the same system and can compile and execute
all the same
programs that I have tried with now luck under delphi 5.

> Hi Rick,

> Could you give us a better description of the problem you are having, such
> as what your "Demo" program consists of?  Are you using third-party
> components at all?  I have used the richedit component in D5 with no
> problems.

> --

> R/S Aaron Rhodes
> Delphi Technical Support

> There is going to be a live chat with the Delphi team on
> September 30th, 10:00 am - 11:00 am, PST (GMT-7).
> For more info, go to www.borland.com.
> Rick L. Jesse <rje...@home.com> wrote in message
> > I've Reinstalled clean, overtop, shutdown all running apps etc, nothing
> > is working.  HELP!!!!!!

> > "Rick L. Jesse" wrote:

> > > I have just installed Delphi 5, I can not compile any programs, when
> > > every I try to do compile or run any program I get the following error.

> > > I have tried numerous demo programs and they all fail exactly the same.

> > > I have run every version of Delphi from version 1 up to 4 with little
> > > problems.  But so far Delphi 5 won't let me do anything.

> > > [Fatal Error] richedit.dpr(7): Internal error: URW3375

> > > Rick Jesse

  rjesse.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:17:27 -0600, "Rick L. Jesse" <rje...@home.com>
wrote:

>I get the Fatal Error URW3375 when ever I try to build, compile or step
>through a program under Delphi 5.

What are the system particulars (CPU, memory, operating system, video
card, etc.)?

-Steve

"Steve Schafer (TeamB)" wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 1999 17:17:27 -0600, "Rick L. Jesse" <rje...@home.com>
> wrote:

> >I get the Fatal Error URW3375 when ever I try to build, compile or step
> >through a program under Delphi 5.

> What are the system particulars (CPU, memory, operating system, video
> card, etc.)?

> -Steve

My Computer is an Intel PII 450, 128mb of Ram, ATI All-in-Wonder Video
with 8mb. Loads of free Disk space >2gb.  I started with Windows 95
imaged my drive (so I can go back) and tried an upgrade to Windows 98
and got the same errors.

  rjesse.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 00:41:38 -0600, "Rick L. Jesse" <rje...@home.com>
wrote:

>My Computer is an Intel PII 450, 128mb of Ram, ATI All-in-Wonder Video
>with 8mb. Loads of free Disk space >2gb.  I started with Windows 95
>imaged my drive (so I can go back) and tried an upgrade to Windows 98
>and got the same errors.

Well, everything sounds pretty standard. Do you have _anything_
running in the background which might be interfering (scheduling
software, virus checkers, Microsoft Fast Find, etc.)?

-Steve

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

After several more reinstalls under both Windows 95 and Windows 98 the
symptoms are exactly the same but now the error message is URW2693.

I have tried all the debuging I can think of.  I have disabled all other
running software from my startup and Registry, still no luck.

Is there no way to reference these error messages?

URW3375
URW2693.

--
Rick Jesse, Supervisor Networking Services/Network Admin
Mount Royal College             PH:    403-240-6482

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

This is all I know about your error so far:  It is from the resource linker
and this is VERY, VERY rare.  The number comes from the line number of the
resource linker, which deals with reading or writing to a dcu file.  This
doesn't help us too much, but we suspect it is a very odd conflict, perhaps
with a video driver.  Can you try compiling a program in safe mode?

--

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:21:58 -0600, Rick Jesse <rje...@MTROYAL.AB.CA>
wrote:

>After several more reinstalls under both Windows 95 and Windows 98 the
>symptoms are exactly the same but now the error message is URW2693.

>I have tried all the debuging I can think of.  I have disabled all other
>running software from my startup and Registry, still no luck.

>Is there no way to reference these error messages?

>URW3375
>URW2693.

As Aaron says, they're in the resource linker. The only thing I can
think of is that there is something wrong with one of the system DLLs
on your machine. The upgrade to Win98 _should_ have fixed that, but
perhaps it didn't.

-Steve

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

I have rebooted my machine to safe mode and have had no luck, exactly
the same problem and message.

Where do I go next.  All my software works fine as well as all previous
versions of Delphi, I really need to get this working this week.

I have Norton Utilities and it says all my DLL's and Registry is fine!

Rick

"Aaron Rhodes (Borland)" wrote:

> This is all I know about your error so far:  It is from the resource linker
> and this is VERY, VERY rare.  The number comes from the line number of the
> resource linker, which deals with reading or writing to a dcu file.  This
> doesn't help us too much, but we suspect it is a very odd conflict, perhaps
> with a video driver.  Can you try compiling a program in safe mode?

> --

> R/S Aaron Rhodes
> Delphi Technical Support

> There is going to be a live chat with the Delphi team on
> September 30th, 10:00 am - 11:00 am, PST (GMT-7).
> For more info, go to www.borland.com.
> Rick Jesse <rje...@MTROYAL.AB.CA> wrote in message
> > After several more reinstalls under both Windows 95 and Windows 98 the
> > symptoms are exactly the same but now the error message is URW2693.

> > I have tried all the debuging I can think of.  I have disabled all other
> > running software from my startup and Registry, still no luck.

> > Is there no way to reference these error messages?

> > URW3375
> > URW2693.

> > "Steve Schafer (TeamB)" wrote:

> > > Well, everything sounds pretty standard. Do you have _anything_
> > > running in the background which might be interfering (scheduling
> > > software, virus checkers, Microsoft Fast Find, etc.)?

> > > -Steve

> > --
> > Rick Jesse, Supervisor Networking Services/Network Admin
> > Mount Royal College             PH:    403-240-6482
> > 4825 Richard Road S.W.          FAX:   403-240-6709
> > Calgary, AB  T3E 6K6            EMAIL: rje...@mtroyal.ab.ca

  rjesse.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

Hi again Rick,

I addition to Steve's observation, I would like to point out that I never
trust OS upgrades, I always format a partition and reload.  There is no
telling which files the upgrade has left and which it has replaced.  It
should work in theory, but not always in my experience.  In summary, the
problem may not be your OS, but due to the rarity of the problem (I found
five recorded cases from D2-D4), it *may* be and in that case, there is only
one solution that I know of....

--

Steve Schafer (TeamB) <pand...@telepath.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:21:58 -0600, Rick Jesse <rje...@MTROYAL.AB.CA>
> wrote:

> >After several more reinstalls under both Windows 95 and Windows 98 the
> >symptoms are exactly the same but now the error message is URW2693.

> >I have tried all the debuging I can think of.  I have disabled all other
> >running software from my startup and Registry, still no luck.

> >Is there no way to reference these error messages?

> >URW3375
> >URW2693.

> As Aaron says, they're in the resource linker. The only thing I can
> think of is that there is something wrong with one of the system DLLs
> on your machine. The upgrade to Win98 _should_ have fixed that, but
> perhaps it didn't.

> -Steve

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

So what I'm gathering from your comments is my only solution is to rebuild my
entire system from the ground up.  Well this is a 20+ hour task as I have
numerous programs and configurations, my Win95 partition was virtually new, only
build about 2 months ago.

As all other programs are running fine (even other Borland products) I really
don't think this is the solution.

Please advice on what further steps Inprise will do to resolve this,  Can you
not give me a list of DLL's that Delphi  needs, ie versions etc so I can check
them manually?

By the way, the Windows 98 upgrade was a full install into the same directory as
my Win 95 (ie renamed win.com).  This effectively replaces Windows 95 without
losing my programs etc.

Rick

--

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:58:36 -0600, Rick Jesse <rje...@MTROYAL.AB.CA>
wrote:

>As all other programs are running fine (even other Borland products) I really
>don't think this is the solution.

Can you propose an alternative explanation? Don't forget that Delphi
5.0 installs and runs fine on thousands of computers; whatever the
problem is, it is specific to your system.

>Please advice on what further steps Inprise will do to resolve this,

Short of you shipping them your machine so that they can look it over
personally, I think they've done just about all they can do.

>Can you not give me a list of DLL's that Delphi  needs, ie versions
>etc so I can check them manually?

Surely you jest. That would likely take longer than reinstalling
Windows from scratch. Besides, I can easily write a bogus
RASAPI32.DLL, say, and include appropriate version information so that
it looks like the real thing. I could copy it to a computer, and
everything would run just fine until the user tried to use Dial-Up
Networking.

That's just one scenario that could explain the kind of things you're
seeing--most eveything works fine, but one thing consistently fails.

Much as we would like to believe otherwise, Windows (even NT) is a
rather fragile beast. I had a problem some time ago when I tried to
install Virtual Private Networking and some sort of glitch occurred
during the installation. After that, _all_ networking functionality
was broken, no matter how many times I tried to install updated files.
The only cure was reinstalling Windows from scratch. As I write this
(on my notebook running Win95), the Dial Properties button in the
Dial-Up Networking Connect dialog doesn't work--it gives a bogus error
message about not enough memory being available, even if I try it
immediately after a clean boot. I suspect that I'll have to reinstall
Windows to fix that, too.

-Steve

Re:Delphi 5 Fatal Interal Error URW3375

Well I guess your explanation is nice and tidy and takes the problem away from
your side.  Again I will stress that every other program on my machine functions
totaly fine.  Delphi 4, Delphi 3 and Delphi 2 work fine.  I agree that Windows as
you are saying is not the most stable platform, but if there were any major
problems with my Windows setup then other programs would also be behaving badly.
Thus the problem is specific to Delphi 5 and the DLL's that it uses.

I'm quite surprised that you can not forward me a list of DLL's and versions that
are required by Delphi5, I would sooner spend hours even looking at the binary
code of these DLL's then reinstalling my Windows, for the sake of Delphi 5.

Is there no debug mode or program that you can suggest I run to verify/watch what
the interaction is with delphi 5 that is causing the problem. ?

Rick

--
Rick Jesse, Supervisor Networking Services/Network Admin
Mount Royal College             PH:    403-240-6482
4825 Richard Road S.W.          FAX:   403-240-6709
Calgary, AB  T3E 6K6            EMAIL: rje...@mtroyal.ab.ca
Go to page: [1] [2] [3]

Other Threads