How do read text format in Richedit line without seltext

I require way to access format of Richedit text in lines.
 (using
     richedit1.lines.strings[index]

                   to operate on text, addressing upper/lower case
punctuation etc)

Reading character by character using SelText is too slow (text files over
20,000 lines I presume because of accessing screen all the time).
I need to determine if line start is bold and position(s) in each line when
text format changes i,e from bold to italic, italic to bold etc. This has
been accomplished using selText etc.

Thanks for any ideas.

Ted

Re:How do read text format in Richedit line without seltext

Are you uing BeginUpdate / EndUpdate to wrap your access.

Post the elements of your accessing code to see where you may be slowing
things.

Alan Lloyd
alangll...@aol.com

Other Threads