Services, System Tray

Hi all,

I think this one was answered some time back but my wonderful newsreader
expired the article...

I have two problems. I am trying to write an app in D3 that minimises
into the system tray. I can do it in VB5 but my efforts at translating
the code into D3 are failing badly.

I would also like to run this thing as an NT4 Service at some point, but
all I can find on Services is confusing pieces of code that don't seem
to fit together and are written in C++ anyway :-(

Any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks

--
Return address removed for anti-spam purposes.
Email replies to news at maelstrom dot demon dot co dot uk

Re:Services, System Tray

In article <mKMEfFApf3M3E...@maelstrom.demon.co.uk>, Newsmas...@Black.Hole
says...

>Hi all,

>I think this one was answered some time back but my wonderful newsreader
>expired the article...

>I have two problems. I am trying to write an app in D3 that minimises
>into the system tray. I can do it in VB5 but my efforts at translating
>the code into D3 are failing badly.

You can email me for the source code to a system tray demo program

>I would also like to run this thing as an NT4 Service at some point, but
>all I can find on Services is confusing pieces of code that don't seem
>to fit together and are written in C++ anyway :-(

Switch to D4, it has a service wizard, very easy to use. For D3 samples and
more check out

http://www.sawatzki.de

--
Christo Crause