Board index » delphi » Paint Program

Paint Program

I currently would like to get a paint program written in Delphi 2.x which
has similar fucntionality as MS Paint.  The polygon flood fill must be
fucntional.

Thanks in advance,
Arch

 

Re:Paint Program


Quote
Arch Brooks wrote:

> I currently would like to get a paint program written in Delphi 2.x which
> has similar fucntionality as MS Paint.  The polygon flood fill must be
> fucntional.

        One of the demo programs is a simple paint program. At least
this was true in D1 - not sure whether it's still there in D2 (can't find
it right this instant but I _know_ it exists at least in D1.)

--
David Ullrich

?his ?s ?avid ?llrich's ?ig ?ile
(Someone undeleted it for me...)

Re:Paint Program


Quote
David Ullrich <ullr...@math.okstate.edu> wrote:
>Arch Brooks wrote:

>> I currently would like to get a paint program written in Delphi 2.x which
>> has similar fucntionality as MS Paint.  The polygon flood fill must be
>> fucntional.
>    One of the demo programs is a simple paint program. At least
>this was true in D1 - not sure whether it's still there in D2 (can't find
>it right this instant but I _know_ it exists at least in D1.)

I thought the same thing, but couldn't find it in D1 either; all I
could find is "Scribble".  I'm thinking maybe we're remembering the
OWLPaint demo that came with TPW/BPW?  (Which I got to compile in D1
at one point, BTW!)

FWIW, David Jewell's _Instant Delphi Programming_ has a simple paint
program example in it; I don't recall whether or not it included area
fill however.

Quote
>--
>David Ullrich
>?his ?s ?avid ?llrich's ?ig ?ile
>(Someone undeleted it for me...)

Regards,

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Re:Paint Program


Quote
Stephen Posey wrote:

> David Ullrich <ullr...@math.okstate.edu> wrote:
> >Arch Brooks wrote:

> >> I currently would like to get a paint program written in Delphi 2.x which
> >> has similar fucntionality as MS Paint.  The polygon flood fill must be
> >> fucntional.

> >       One of the demo programs is a simple paint program. At least
> >this was true in D1 - not sure whether it's still there in D2 (can't find
> >it right this instant but I _know_ it exists at least in D1.)

> I thought the same thing, but couldn't find it in D1 either; all I
> could find is "Scribble".  I'm thinking maybe we're remembering the
> OWLPaint demo that came with TPW/BPW?  (Which I got to compile in D1
> at one point, BTW!)

        Try delphi/demos/doc/graphex (if you installed the demo programs).

Quote
> FWIW, David Jewell's _Instant Delphi Programming_ has a simple paint
> program example in it; I don't recall whether or not it included area
> fill however.

--
David Ullrich

?his ?s ?avid ?llrich's ?ig ?ile
(Someone undeleted it for me...)

Re:Paint Program


Quote
"Arch Brooks" <abro...@xnet.com> wrote:
>I currently would like to get a paint program written in Delphi 2.x which
>has similar fucntionality as MS Paint.  The polygon flood fill must be
>fucntional.
>Thanks in advance,
>Arch

After some searching (due to some prodding by David Ullrich ;-)) I
have determined that my previous post indicating that there was no
Demo Paint program for D1 was incorrect; in the "DEMOS\DOC\GRAPHEX"
directory resides (in BOTH D1 and D2!) an example paint program.  It
supplies filled ellipses and rectangles, but no generic fill tool;
however, creating such shouldn't be too difficult with a pretty simple
applicaion of the TCanvas.FloodFill and/or .FillRect methods.

HTH

Stephen Posey
slpo...@concentric.net

Other Threads