NEWBIE: difference between Desktop and Develop

I always programmed in VB3, but I would like to switch over to
Delphi.  Precisely what are the differences between the desktop and
developers editions?

Thanks
Johan

Re:NEWBIE: difference between Desktop and Develop

Hi Johan,

 JtT> I always programmed in VB3, but I would like to switch over to
 JtT> Delphi.  Precisely what are the differences between the desktop
 JtT> and developers editions?

From the Delphi 2 factsheet:

Developer is the complete Desktop plus:

- VCL Source Code and Manual
- Scalable Data Dictionary
- Complete ODBC Connectivity
- Additional Components like Multi-Object Grid
- 32 bit Local Interbase Server
- 32 bit ReportSmith
- Installshield Express installation program
- WinSight 32 for monitoring Windows messaging
- BDE Low-level API Support and Helpfiles
- Expanded Open Tools API
- Team Development Interface
- Versatile sample OCXs

Regards,
Arjan

Arjan J. Moraal            |  Paninaro Development
ajmor...@paninaro.iaf.nl   |  Groningen, The Netherlands

Arjan J. Moraal (ajmor...@paninaro.iaf.nl) wrote:

: Developer is the complete Desktop plus:

: - Complete ODBC Connectivity

Can Delphi Desktop use ODBC data sources at all? If not, can you "upgrade"
to Developer or C/S without buy the entire package?

-Taj.

--
Sirtaj Kang - DAQ Programmer, School of Physics, University of Melbourne
s...@physics.unimelb.edu.au s...@mundil.cs.mu.oz.au | "Grindcore and death

joha...@fast.co.za (Johan the Terrible) wrote:

>I always programmed in VB3, but I would like to switch over to
>Delphi.  Precisely what are the differences between the desktop and
>developers editions?
>Thanks
>Johan

I saw someone already listed the differences... When you are a
professinal developer you simply need Delphi Dev. edition
Especially the setup program IS Express is very handy for deploying
your applications.

Wilko van der Ploeg
ATDT Consultancy
The Netherlands