updates invisible on shared PDX DBs in Delphi

I wrote an Application that enables 2 PCs to share their Database.

So whenever PC1 updates the Table, PC2 wont see the changes.

Iv already issued DBISaveChanges(Table.handle) on the updating Machine,
however, the 2nd one needs to close and reopen the database to get the
changes.

Isnt there a better way to do the update on PC2 ?

P.S. NetFileDir and so on are set up correctly.

Re:updates invisible on shared PDX DBs in Delphi

Well, I don't think this is your problem, but its something to be aware
of. There is a problem with using smartdrive on certain networks, (mostly
with peer-to-peer stuff like WFW), which delays updates and can corrupt
data. Doesn't sound like your problem though...
Brad Miller
Timeoil...@aol.com

Nowotny Christian wrote:
> =
> I wrote an Application that enables 2 PCs to share their Database.
> =
> So whenever PC1 updates the Table, PC2 won=B4t see the changes.
> =
> I=B4v already issued DBISaveChanges(Table.handle) on the updating Machine=
,
> however, the 2nd one needs to close and reopen the database to get the
> changes.
> =
> Isn=B4t there a better way to do the update on PC2 ?
> =
> P.S. NetFileDir and so on are set up correctly.

I'm not sure how you are doing what you are. I've written software which is=
 used at our =

local Buy, Sell & Trade paper. They are running upto 4 machines at a time t=
o place and =

manipulate ads. One of the first tests was to place an ad and then modify i=
t from =

another machine immeadiately. If you are displaying your data in a grid you=
 will need to =

refresh the data in the grid. The data we view/modify is one ad at a time a=
nd uses =

record locking. I'm also using Paradox tables for all the tables.
On a network it can be tricky. Feel free to contact me through my web pages=
/e-mail
<http://nanaimo.ark.com/~tstephan>

Re:updates invisible on shared PDX DBs in Delphi

I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but have you issued a TTable.Refresh on
PC2?

Regards,
Matthew Palcic

Nowotny Christian <nowo...@via.at> wrote in article
<01bbec84$d2d2f720$0a3e60c2@chris>...

> I wrote an Application that enables 2 PCs to share their Database.

> So whenever PC1 updates the Table, PC2 wont see the changes.

> Iv already issued DBISaveChanges(Table.handle) on the updating Machine,
> however, the 2nd one needs to close and reopen the database to get the
> changes.

> Isnt there a better way to do the update on PC2 ?

> P.S. NetFileDir and so on are set up correctly.

Re:updates invisible on shared PDX DBs in Delphi

Nowotny,

Short of close/open the only method that works in my environment is
table1.refresh.  In particular, DbiCheckRefresh may work but I can't get it
to.  For queries, close/open are necessary (by design).

[My environment: Win 95 peer-to-peer, D1 or D2, latest BDE, paradox tables]

HTH,
--
Paul Motyer
pa...@linuxserver.pccity.com.au

Matthew Palcic <mpal...@erinet.com> wrote in article
<01bbf02f$388e4e40$25755acf@palcic-pc>...

> I hope I'm not stating the obvious, but have you issued a TTable.Refresh
on
> PC2?

> Regards,
> Matthew Palcic

> Nowotny Christian <nowo...@via.at> wrote in article
> <01bbec84$d2d2f720$0a3e60c2@chris>...
> > I wrote an Application that enables 2 PCs to share their Database.

> > So whenever PC1 updates the Table, PC2 wont see the changes.

> > Iv already issued DBISaveChanges(Table.handle) on the updating
Machine,
> > however, the 2nd one needs to close and reopen the database to get the
> > changes.

> > Isnt there a better way to do the update on PC2 ?

> > P.S. NetFileDir and so on are set up correctly.

Other Threads