Failure on startup: BDE: Invalid file name

I'm getting this error on a small LAN and I have no idea why:

        Exception EDBEngineError...Invalid file name

I have traced my code and it does not seem to be an issue there.

Anyone seen this on BDE initialization?

Re:Failure on startup: BDE: Invalid file name

What version of the BDE? This can happen if you use a version <3.51 with
FAT32.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

Re:Failure on startup: BDE: Invalid file name

>I'm getting this error on a small LAN and I have no idea why:

>    Exception EDBEngineError...Invalid file name

This is probably a problem with the pathname where your tables reside.
What version of Delphi are you using?  There are problems with BDE 3.5 and
earlier with Fat32.  Some network drivers do not seem to fully support long file
names especially path names with spaces in them.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

rha...@dontspamonme-santacruz.com (Richard C Haven) wrote:

>I'm getting this error on a small LAN and I have no idea why:

>    Exception EDBEngineError...Invalid file name

>I have traced my code and it does not seem to be an issue there.

Which BDE version, client OS and network server OS are you using?

Any spaces in the table names or path?

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Other Threads